People spend a ton of money on weave and the next thing you know the hair is ruined! If you want to keep your weave long-lasting you have to care for it properly.
Key Factors that contribute to a FABULOUS weave:
1) The quality of the extensions.
– Cheap weave is never going to last a long time. Invest in high quality human hair!
2) Properly caring for hair of different textures
– Know the specific care instructions of the extensions you are wearing for maximum longevity. For example: Most curly textured hair extensions don’t perform well after heat usage.
3) Proper Washing and Conditioning
– Use moisturizing shampoo and conditioners. You want to restore the moisture and life in your extensions. Sulfate free, hydrating products are you want to purchase. You want to avoid shampoos and conditioners used for “Fine Hair” or products full of sulfates. They will only strip the hair of any moisture it has left.
Recommended Shampoos: Garnier Fructis: Moisture Works, Suave Naturals: Almond + Shea Butter
Recommended Conditioners: Organix Sulfate-Free Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Conditioner, Nexxus Therappe Luxurious Moisturizing Conditioner
4) Night-Time Care
-Rolling around on a cotton pillow will tangle and dry out your extensions.
Recommended methods of night-time care: Pineapple your curly extensions, wrap your straight extensions. Invest in a big satin bonnet!
I hope these tips helped! Happy weaving!